DURABOOK Hardware Standard Limited Warranty
By using the Product, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this standard limited warranty (“Warranty”) as set out below. This Warranty applies to DURABOOK products sold and purchased in North America only.
A. Consumer’s Legal Rights
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from country to country (or by state or province). Other than as permitted by law, DURABOOK does not exclude, limit or suspend other rights you may have, including those that may arise from the nonconformity of a sales contract.
B. Coverage of Warranty
DURABOOK warrants the hardware product and the accessories (specified below) contained in the original packaging (the “Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines for a period of time specified below from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Our published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.
- Hardware Product - 3 Years (Battery – 1 Year Only)
- Additional AC Adapter/Power Cord– 1 Year
- Battery Charger – 1 Year
- Additional Battery – 1 Year
- PMT Vehicle Docking – 3 Years
- Stylus/Digitizer pens – 90 days (physical damage excluded)
- Detachable keyboard – 1 Year
- Office Dock Station – 1 Year
- Vehicle Dock Station – 3 Years
- Hard Drive/SSD – 1 Year
- Spare Parts: 30 days
C. Exclusion of Warranty
DURABOOK does not warrant that the operation of the DURABOOK Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. DURABOOK are not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Product’s use.
This Warranty does not apply:
- to software distributed by DURABOOK with or without the DURABOOK brand (including, but not limited to system software);
- to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to damage caused by use with a third party component or product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- to damage caused by service (including, upgrades and expansions), repair and modification performed by anyone who is not a representative of DURABOOK or an Authorized Service Provider;
- to the Product that has been disassembled or opened from its original assembly;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Product, including but not limited to, carry case, shoulder or hand strap, screen protection films and any other options and accessories not listed in Section B or covered under a separate warranty;
- to any costs or damages incurred in shipping the product to DURABOOK or an Authorized Service Center;
- to components of the system that fail to meet DURABOOK’S definition of defective, including but not limited to, LCD panels with less than five (5) defective pixels; Batteries that have more than 50% capacity;
- has the serial number sticker or service tag on the system missing, defaced, or modified in any manner;
- to the Products for which DURABOOK has not received payment;
- if DURABOOK receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen or if you are unable to deactivate passcode-enabled or other security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the Product, and you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (eg. by presenting proof of purchase).
D. Customer Responsibilities
Before you ship the Product(s) to DURABOOK, make sure to back up the data on the hard drive(s) and any other storage device(s) in the Product(s). Remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information, removable media, such as floppy disks, CDs, or PC Cards. DURABOOK is not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media.
DURING WARRANTY SERVICE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE PRODUCT’S STORAGE MEDIA WILL BE LOST, REPLACED OR REFORMATTED. IN SUCH AN EVENT DURABOOK ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE PRODUCT SERVICED.
E. Warranty Services
If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to us or in accordance with this warranty, DURABOOK will, at its option:
(i) repair the Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability,
(ii) replace the Product with the same model (or with your consent a product that has similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
A Product or part that is repaired or replaced assumes the remaining term of the Warranty. When a Product or part is replaced, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes DURABOOK’s property.
F. Limited Liability to Commercial Customers (Including Small, Medium and Large Business and Government and Public Sector Customers) and Resellers.
This paragraph applies if you purchase DURABOOK products for resale or for commercial or professional purposes. DURABOOK’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTS IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE FOR DURABOOK-BRANDED PRODUCTS, DURABOOK PROVIDES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION (1) OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT; (2) RELATING TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE; OR (3) REGARDING THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAWS, DURABOOK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
G. Limited Liability to Consumers
This section applies if you purchase DURABOOK products that are normally used for personal, family or household purposes.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE, PROVINCE TO PROVINCE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
DURABOOK’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT.
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT AND TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, DURABOOK DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. SOME STATES, PROVINCES, JURISDICTIONS OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, SO THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
H. Limited Liability to All Customers
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY, AND WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR SOFTWARE. DURABOOK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY DURABOOK P RODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE.
SOME STATES, PROVINCES, JURISDICTIONS OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
I. How to Obtain Warranty Services
The damaged unit must be shipped to the DURABOOK Repair Center under a valid RMA number issued by the Repair Center. Should you need to contact the Repair Center please call DURABOOK Technical Support at 1-800-552-8946 or fill out an RMA form on the website at https://www.gammatechusa.com/rma to obtain an RMA number for the return. A valid proof of purchase must accompany the request for RMA. Goods returned without a valid RMA number will be refused and returned to sender. All shipping charges associated with the return of the product to DURABOOK will be the responsibility of the sender. DURABOOK will return all products deemed to be covered by this warranty via ground service at no charge to customer. The Repair Center will make every effort to turnaround the repair of the Product in a timely manner. However, some repairs may require additional time to complete based on the nature of the repair or parts availability. All repairs will be completed within a time deemed reasonable by the Repair Center.
J. Additional Warranty Options
The additional warranty programs must be purchased within 90 days of your original purchase. Upon purchasing an additional warranty program, DURABOOK will mail to you an optional Warranty Certificate for your records.
K. DURABOOK Peace of Mind Warranty (except DURABOOK P24 Model)
The terms and conditions of the Peace of Mind Warranty shall refer to a separate DURABOOK PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY, for more information please visit below link:https://www.gammatechusa.com/peace-of-mind-warranty
L. DURABOOK Extended Warranty
By choosing to purchase an extended warranty, you will lengthen the time of the standard limited warranty to cover the parts and labor cost associated with repair to your Product. The terms and conditions of this Standard Limited Warranty will apply to the Extended Warranty. The extended warranty does not cover the battery.
Should you have question of warranty services, please call GammaTech at 1-800-552-8946, or send an E-mail to email@example.com , and we will mail you the requested information. Or contact your local GammaTech computer retailers for more information.